Registered Nurse RN Med/Surg - US-FL-Sebring - Med Surg
Company: Advent Health Sebring
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Registered Nurse RN Med/Surg - US-FL-Sebring
DescriptionRegistered Nurse Med/Surg--AdventHealth Sebring Location
Address:--4200 Sun 'n Lake Boulevard Sebring, FL 33872 Top Reasons
to Work at AdventHealth Sebring
- Up to $20,000 Bonuses and Relocation Assistance Available!
- Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
- Largest Employer in the County
- Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida's
oldest State Park
- Close knit community with a home town family feel
- 2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
- Local arts scene from museums and theaters to festivals and
- Local restaurants with the authentic taste of Florida
- Near 100+ clear, freshwater lakes. Ideal for swimming, boating
- Beautiful agriculture and farmland
- Sebring is known for motorsports-- and home to the famous
Sebring International Raceway
- Nature and hiking trails Work Hours/Shift: Day and Night shift
options! You Will Be Responsible For:
- Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or
external customers - in person or on the telephone.
- Demonstrates respect for co-workers and develops positive
working relationships with other departments.
- Participates in hourly rounding for outcomes using the AIDET
- Incorporates Caring Model behaviors and culturally competent
care into daily practice.
- Demonstrates organizational commitment standards and
- Adheres to organizational standards for dress and professional
- Demonstrates collaboration and teamwork in managing patient
flow-i.e. promotes timely patient placement by following hospital
policy for patient admission, discharge and transfer.
- Participates in peer interviewing and peer review process.
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and
impact on practice in the delivery of nursing services.
- Assessment:-- Collection of comprehensive data pertinent to the
patient's health/situation and unit specific data for process
improvement initiatives including: initial patient assessment
within expected timeframe, initiates consults as indicated from
database collection, identifies patient/family teaching and
discharge planning needs.
- Diagnosis: Analyzes the assessment data to determine expected
outcomes and plan of care.
- Outcomes Identification: Identifies expected outcomes for the
plan of care individualized to the patient or situation and for
unit specific PI outcomes.-- Participation in identification of
unit specific PI outcomes.
- Planning: --The patient's plan of care is developed,
individualized and prioritized daily in collaboration with the
patient, family and health team members that is sensitive to the
patient's cultural and spiritual needs and to attain expected
- Implementation:-- Implements the identified plans for patients
and unit specific process improvement with appropriate nursing
interventions and physicians' orders in an accurate, timely manner
and documents intervention according to hospital policy.
Documentation meets criteria for core measure, charges, PI
improvement, and all quality/regulatory standards as measured by
chart audits.-- Coordinates implementation of the plan of care
through leadership and delegation appropriate to skill level
including but not limited to: LPNs, NTs, CNAs, Unit Secretaries,
RTs, PTs. Educates patient/family based on assessed learning
- Evaluation:-- Evaluates progress toward attainment of expected
patient outcomes and unit specific process improvement outcomes
daily with patient, family and health team members.
- Practice:-- Maintains safe practice by demonstrating unit
specific clinical competency and demonstrating compliance with all
- Ensures safe and effective handoff communications and
documentation of such between care givers.----
- Demonstrates safe practice in the administration of
- Demonstrates sensitivity to pain management by alleviating and
reducing pain to level acceptable to patient.
- Integrates ethical decision making into daily nursing
- Integrates research findings and Evidence Based Practice into
- Acts as a patient advocate.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills appropriate to level of
- Integrates population specific standards when planning
- Demonstrates commitment to professional and personal
growth-i.e. completes all mandatory educational requirements,
maintains unit-based certification, attends 75% of unit staff
meeting, participants in clinical ladder will have additional
expectations in this role. Qualifications What You Will Need:
- Graduate of a school of nursing.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred
- Graduate of an accredited school or nursing preferred
- Experience in a specialty area(s) preferred
- Current registration with Florida State Board of Nursing as a
registered professional nurse or licensure from another state with
verification of application and eligibility for Florida licensure
- BLS required
- Valid AHA Advanced life support certification (ACLS, PALS, NRP,
NIHSS) per specialty/unit requirements Job Summary: The Registered
Nurse provides self-directed, effective nursing care to groups of
patients and other duties as assigned in accordance with Division
of Nursing standards and pursuant to Florida Department of
Professional Regulation, Chapter 464.003 (3) (a): "Practice of
professional nursing means the performance of those acts requiring
substantial specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skill
based upon applied practices of psychological, biological,
physical, and social sciences which shall include, but not limited
to: The observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning,
intervention, and evaluation of care; health teaching and
counseling of the ill, injured or infirmed; and the promotion of
wellness, maintenance of health and prevention of illness and
others. The administration of medication and treatments as
prescribed or authorized by a duly licensed practitioner authorized
by the laws of this state to prescribe such medications and
treatments. The supervision and teaching of other personnel in the
theory and performance of any of the above acts." This facility is
an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and
local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Keywords: Advent Health Sebring, Lakeland , Registered Nurse RN Med/Surg - US-FL-Sebring - Med Surg, Healthcare , Sebring, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!