LPN Pre Admission Testing Nurse Full Time - WINTER HAVEN, Florida - LPN / LVN
Location: Winter Haven
Posted on: May 13, 2022
LPN Pre Admission Testing Nurse Full Time - WINTER HAVEN,
FloridaWinter Haven Ambulatory Surgery Center--provides first-class
surgical services for local communities and recognize our employees
as our number one assets.--Pre-admission testing nurses--work in
hospitals and prepare patients for surgery. As a Pre-admission
testing nurse or PAT nurse, your duties include overseeing intake,
during which you perform an initial physical assessment and
interview the patient to obtain their medical history. -- -- Job
- Consults and coordinates with health care team members to
assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans.
- Prepares and administers (orally, subcutaneously, through an
IV) and records prescribed medications. Reports adverse reactions
to medications or treatments in accordance with the policy
regarding the administration of medications by a licensed
- Educates patients on surgical procedures.
- Records patients' medical information and vital signs.
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients,
and interprets and records electronic displays.
- Initiates corrective action whenever the patient displays
- Provides bedside care for a wide variety of medical patients,
including pre- and post-surgery patients.
- Initiates patient education plan, as prescribed by
- Teaches patients and significant others how to manage their
illness/injury, by explaining: post-treatment home care needs.
- Changes dressings, inserts catheters, starts IVs.
- Prepares equipment and aids physician during examination and
treatment of patient.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skill to provide nursing care to
the rehabilitation patient.
- Performs job tasks to ensure personal, patient, and
- Communicates effectively and professionally with internal and
external customers. Documents required information according to
- Functions in an organized and time conscious manner
- Presents self in a professional manner.
- Initiates and documents patient teaching including family
and/or significant others in collaboration with interdisciplinary
team members. Uses appropriate patient education documentation
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge pertinent to nursing
practice in Rehabilitation Required Skills:USPI complies with
federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination
of its workforce.-- If you are offered this position and must be
vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show
proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or
medical exemption prior to your start date.-- If you receive an
exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to
submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.-- --
#LI-CT1Required Experience:Qualifications Pre-admission testing
nurses--work in hospitals and prepare patients for surgery. As a
Pre-admission testing nurse or PAT nurse, your duties include
overseeing intake, during which you perform an initial physical
assessment and interview the patient to obtain their medical
history. LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATION Required: Applied for
State Boards or currently holds an LPN license for the state of
Florida, BLS is required. Preferred: ACLS certification EDUCATION
Required: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Preferred:
Enrolled in a Registered Nurse's Program.
Keywords: USPI, Lakeland , LPN Pre Admission Testing Nurse Full Time - WINTER HAVEN, Florida - LPN / LVN, Healthcare , Winter Haven, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!