Licensed Practical Nurse LPN - US-FL-Sebring - LPN / LVN
Company: Advent Health Sebring
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Licensed Practical Nurse LPN - US-FL-Sebring
DescriptionLicensed Practical Nurse (LPN) AdventHealth Sebring
Location Address:--4200 Sun 'n Lake Boulevard Sebring, FL 33872 Top
Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Sebring
- Up to $10,000 Bonuses and Relocation Assistance Available!
- Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
- Largest Employer in the County
- Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida's
oldest State Park
- Close knit community with a home town family feel
- 2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
- Local arts scene from museums and theaters to festivals and
- Local restaurants with the authentic taste of Florida
- Near 100+ clear, freshwater lakes. Ideal for swimming, boating
- Beautiful agriculture and farmland
- Sebring is known for motorsports-- and home to the famous
Sebring International Raceway
- Nature and hiking trails Work Hours/Shift: Day and Night shift
options! You Will Be Responsible For:
- Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or
external customers-in person or on the telephone.
- Demonstrates respect for co-workers and develops positive
working relationships with other departments.
- Participates in hourly rounding for outcomes using the AIDET
- Incorporates Caring Model behaviors and culturally competent
care into daily practice.
- Demonstrates organizational commitment standards and
- Adheres to organizational standards for dress and professional
- Demonstrate collaboration and teamwork in managing patient
flow-i.e. promotes timely patient placement by following hospital
policy for patient admission, discharge and transfer.
- Participates in peer interviewing and peer review process
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and
impact on practice in the delivery of nursing services.
- Monitoring: Collection of comprehensive data pertinent to the
patient's health/situation and unit specific data for process
improvement initiatives including: Initiates patient data base
within expected timeframe, initiates consults as indicated from
database collection, assists RN in identifying patient/family
teaching and discharge planning needs.
- Diagnosis: Assists the RN in the collection of patient
- Outcomes Identification: Assists the RN in planning
interventions and goals with the patient /family based on
identified problems and desired outcomes for the plan of care
Participation in collection of outcomes data for unit specific PI
- Planning: --In collaboration with the RN, the patient's plan of
care is developed, individualized and prioritized daily in
collaboration with the patient, family and health team members that
is sensitive to the patient's cultural and spiritual needs and to
attain expected outcomes.
- Implementation: --Implements the identified plans for patients
and unit specific process improvement with appropriate nursing
interventions and physicians orders in an accurate, timely manner
and documents intervention according to hospital policy.
Documentation meets criteria for core measure, charges, PI
improvement, and all quality/regulatory standards as measured by
chart audits.-- Assists RN in implementation of the plan of care
through delegation to appropriate to skill level including but not
limited to: NTs, CNAs, Unit Secretaries, RTs, PTs. Educates
patient/family based on assessed learning needs.
- Evaluation: --Evaluates progress toward attainment of expected
patient outcomes and unit specific process improvement outcomes
daily, in collaboration with RN, with patient, family and health
- Practice: Maintains safe practice by demonstrating unit
specific clinical competency and demonstrating compliance with all
- Ensures safe and effective handoff communications and
documentation of such between care givers.
- Demonstrates safe practice in the administration of
- Demonstrates sensitivity to pain management by alleviating and
reducing pain to level acceptable to patient.
- Integrates ethical decision making into daily nursing
- Integrates research findings and Evidence Based Practice into
- Acts as a patient advocate.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills appropriate to level of
- Integrates population specific standards when planning
- Demonstrates commitment to professional and personal
growth-i.e. completes all mandatory educational requirements,
maintains unit based certification, attends 75% of unit staff
meeting, optional: acts as designated preceptor, attends hospital
wide committees, member of shared governance council.
Qualifications What You Will Need:
- Valid American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Valid AHA Advanced life support certification (PALS, NRP) per
- Graduate of a school of practical nursing.
- Current license as a Licensed Practical Nurse in Florida or
licensure from another state with verification of application and
eligibility for Florida licensure by endorsement.
- BLS required Job Summary: The Licensed Practical Nurse
implements patient care for assigned patients and other duties as
assigned under the direction of a Registered Nurse in accordance
with Division of Nursing standards and pursuant to Florida
Department of Professional Regulation, Chapter 464.003 (3) (b):
"The practice of practical nursing means the performance of
selected acts, including the administration of treatments and
medications, in the care of the ill, injured, or infirm, and the
promotion of wellness, maintenance of health, and prevention of
illness of others under the direction of a registered nurse, a
licensed physician, a licensed osteopathic physician, a licensed
podiatrist, or licensed dentist. This facility is an equal
opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local
anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Keywords: Advent Health Sebring, Lakeland , Licensed Practical Nurse LPN - US-FL-Sebring - LPN / LVN, Healthcare , Sebring, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!