LPN Pre Admission Testing Nurse Full Time
Location: Plant City
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Winter Haven Ambulatory Surgery Center -provides first-class
surgical services for local communities and recognize our employees
as our number one assets. -Pre-admission testing nurses -work in
hospitals and prepare patients for surgery. As a Pre-admission
testing nurse or PAT nurse, your duties include overseeing intake,
during which you perform an initial physical assessment and
interview the patient to obtain their medical history. - -Job
- Consults and coordinates with health care team members to
assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans.
- Prepares and administers (orally, subcutaneously, through an
IV) and records prescribed medications. Reports adverse reactions
to medications or treatments in accordance with the policy
regarding the administration of medications by a licensed
- Educates patients on surgical procedures.
- Records patients ' medical information and vital signs.
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients,
and interprets and records electronic displays.
- Initiates corrective action whenever the patient displays
- Provides bedside care for a wide variety of medical patients,
including pre- and post-surgery patients.
- Initiates patient education plan, as prescribed by
- Teaches patients and significant others how to manage their
illness/injury, by explaining: post-treatment home care needs.
- Changes dressings, inserts catheters, starts IVs.
- Prepares equipment and aids physician during examination and
treatment of patient.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skill to provide nursing care to
the rehabilitation patient.
- Performs job tasks to ensure personal, patient, and
- Communicates effectively and professionally with internal and
external customers. Documents required information according to
- Functions in an organized and time conscious manner
- Presents self in a professional manner.
- Initiates and documents patient teaching including family
and/or significant others in collaboration with interdisciplinary
team members. Uses appropriate patient education documentation
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge pertinent to nursing
practice in Rehabilitation
USPI complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding
mandatory vaccination of its workforce. - If you are offered this
position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will
be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval
of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. - If
you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will
be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the
law. - -#LI-CT1
QualificationsPre-admission testing nurses -work in hospitals and
prepare patients for surgery. As a Pre-admission testing nurse or
PAT nurse, your duties include overseeing intake, during which you
perform an initial physical assessment and interview the patient to
obtain their medical
history.LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATIONRequired: Applied for
State Boards or currently holds an LPN license for the state of
Florida, BLS is required. Preferred: ACLS certification EDUCATION
Required: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Preferred:
Enrolled in a Registered Nurse 's Program.Employment practices will
not be influenced or affected by an applicant 's or employee 's
race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally
protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for
qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would
result in an undue hardship.
Keywords: USPI, Lakeland , LPN Pre Admission Testing Nurse Full Time, Healthcare , Plant City, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!