Registered Nurse - Mother Baby Unit Lakeland Regional Health - Lakeland, FL
Company: Lakeland Regional Health
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Work Type: Active - Benefit Eligible and Accrues Time Off
Work Schedule: Weekdays with Rotating Weekends
Work Hours per Biweekly Pay Period: 48
Shift Time: 0630-1900
Location: Medical Center, US:FL:Lakeland
The Clinical Registered Nurse (RN) will promote
relationship-centered care that appreciates vulnerability of
patients, anticipates needs, and incorporates the patient as a full
partner in care. The RN will deliver high quality care based on
therapeutic caring relationships that are individualized to the
patients and their families' needs and values. The RN will practice
competently and uphold the standards of nursing practice to promote
positive patient outcomes. The RN will assure proactive,
protective, and safe practice resulting in the elimination of all
preventable harm. The RN will adhere to organizational policies and
procedures; regulatory accrediting body requirements and
professional practice standards. The Clinical RN practices the
scope and standards of nursing care including assessment,
diagnosis, outcomes identification, planning, implementation, and
evaluation. The Clinical RN demonstrates scope and standards of
professional performance including quality of professional
practice, evaluation of practice, lifelong learning, collegiality,
ethics, collaboration, clinical inquiry, resource utilization, and
- People At The Heart Of All We Do
- Fosters an inclusive and engaged environment through teamwork
- Ensures patients and families have the best possible
experiences across the continuum of care.
- Communicates appropriately with patients, families, team
members, and our community in a manner that treasures all people as
- Safety And Performance Improvement
- Behaves in a mindful manner focused on self, patient, visitor,
and team safety.
- Demonstrates accountability and commitment to quality
- Participates actively in process improvement and adoption of
- Demonstrates responsible use of LRH's resources including
people, finances, equipment and facilities.
- Knows and adheres to organizational and department policies and
- Standard Work Duties: Registered Nurse
- Uses the standards of nursing practice and mutually problem
solves with the patient, family, other healthcare providers, and
the community, as appropriate, to develop a well-coordinated and
collaborated plan of care to address the patient's needs.
- Demonstrates a competent level of behavior in the professional
registered nurse role, through engagement in caring relationships,
modeling of caring factors and the promotion of optimal
- Assure zero preventable harm by demonstrating keen attention to
all patient safety and quality practices including but not limited
to hand hygiene, intentional hourly rounding, pro-active toileting,
clutter-free, healing environment.
- Establish self-caring practices through demonstrating personal
safety practices and engaging in continuous learning to advance
one's professional practice.
- Exhibits commitment to the vision, core purpose/mission and
goals of LRH, modeling the Quality-Caring Model concepts by
initiating, cultivating, and sustaining caring relationships with
patients and families, other nurses and other members of the
- Demonstrate ethical practice by maintaining patient
confidentiality within legal and regulatory parameters in a
nonjudgmental and nondiscriminatory manner that appreciates the
unique meanings of patients, families, and the community.
- Fosters a spirit of clinical inquiry through integration of the
Quality-Caring Model with specific evidenced based nursing
interventions, to positively influence health outcomes. Uses the
best available evidence, including research findings, to guide
practice decisions and continually question and evaluate practice.
Participate in activities to support clinical inquiry as
appropriate to the nurse's skills, knowledge and
- Appropriately utilizes resources by maintaining an open,
flexible approach and considering factors related to safety,
effectiveness, cost, and impact in planning and delivering nursing
- Interacts with and contributes to the professional development
of students, peers, and other healthcare providers as colleagues.
Use caring relationship to enhance the healthy work environment by
working with others in a way that promotes mutual respect and
meaningful recognition of each person's contribution.
- Demonstrates leadership qualities that influence and guide
fellow team members to maximize the potential of the team as a
whole and promote a culture of peer to peer accountability.
Contribute to the professional practice environment through
participation on committees, councils, administrative teams and in
professional organizations as appropriate to the nurse's skills,
knowledge, and experience.
Qualifications & Experience
- Associate Degree
- Bachelor Degree
Education equivalent experience:
- Nursing: If hired after 2013, must obtain Bachelor degree in
Nursing within 3 years of employment date.
Licenses Essential: Current license as Registered Nurse in Florida.
Certifications Essential: BLS
Certifications Preferred: Certification in Specialty of Nursing
Keywords: Lakeland Regional Health, Lakeland , Registered Nurse - Mother Baby Unit Lakeland Regional Health - Lakeland, FL, Healthcare , Lakeland, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!