RN (Home Health) Senior Living Support Services - Bartow, FL
Company: Senior Living Support Services
Posted on: January 13, 2022
OFFERING NEW COMPETITIVE SALARY
- Now Servicing Hardee, Highlands, and Polk counties
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides skilled nursing services and
case to patients on an intermittent basis in their place of
residence based on nursing process, standards of care and
established policies and procedures. Performs care in accordance
with physician orders and plan of care under the direction and
supervision of the Director of Clinical Services/Clinical
QUALIFICATIONS - PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
- Currently licensed to practice professional nursing in Florida
pursuant Chapter 464 F.S.
- One year as a registered nurse in a Hospital or a Skilled
Nursing Facility required and one year home health experience
- Strong assessment and care planning skills.
- Acceptance of philosophy and goals of this Agency.
- Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment.
Demonstrate professional competency in completing tasks ordered by
the physician; display leadership qualities to direct, motivate and
- Reliable transportation with active automobile insurance
- Valid Driver's License with acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
upon hire and throughout employment.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Provides skilled nursing services and case management including
plans for the discharge from the agency in all cases involving
nursing or both nursing and therapy care. When nursing is not
ordered and therapy is, the therapist may serve as the case
- Completes the initial assessment of the patient and caregiver
for appropriateness of and acceptance for home health services, and
to reflect accurately the patient's condition & needs.
- Completes and submits OASIS assessments, reassessments,
transfers, resumption of care, discharges and significant change in
condition at requested time-points when nursing services are
included in the plan of care or when requested by the agency.
- Establishes and reviews periodically the Plan of Care in
collaboration with the physician, all the professional disciplines
involved in the care, the patient and his/her caregiver.
- Develops and implements an individual nursing care plan for the
patient based on the needs identified and on professional standards
of community nursing practice.
- Determines the amount and type of nursing needed by each
- Provides skilled nursing services in accordance with the
physician's orders. Furnishes those services requiring substantial
and specialized nursing skill. May assign, if appropriate, selected
portions of the skilled nursing care to an LPN based on the
experience and the scope of practice of the LPN. The RN always
retains the full responsibility for the care given and for making
supervisory visits to the patient's home as needed based on the
severity of the patient's condition and the training and experience
of the LPN.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing
- Develops a personal care assignment for the home health aide in
collaboration with the patient, the family / caregivers and the
therapists involved in the care. Makes supervisory visits of the
home health aide in the home no less often than every 14 days.
- Refers to other services as needed and with the authorization
of the physician when applicable.
- Coordinates services.
- Informs personnel of changes in the condition and needs of the
- Evaluates the care provided in light of the patient's progress
- Documents findings, services, outcomes and supervisory visits
of LPNs and aides in the clinical record. Submits clinical notes
within 48 hours.
- Is responsible for the clinical record for each patient
receiving nursing care. Maintains and updates as needed the
medication profile, the aide assignment form, the physician's
orders that he / she receives.
- Assures that progress reports are made to the physician and
informs other staff involved in the care for patients receiving
nursing services when the patient's condition changes or there are
deviations from the plan of care.
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related
- Adheres to the agency procedure and patient care policy
- Participates in orientation, in-services, and staff meetings as
- Participates in peer review and Quality Assessment and
Performance Improvement as assigned.
- Provides information to assist the DON in the annual evaluation
of the LPN's performance of duties.
- Takes on-call duty nights, weekends, and holidays, as
Works indoors in Agency office and patient homes and travels
to/from patient homes.
- Supervised by: Clinical Manager/ Administrator
- Workers Supervised: License Practical Nurse, Home Health
Ability to perform the following tasks if necessary:
- Ability to participate in physical activity.
- Ability to work for extended period of time while standing and
being involved in physical activity.
- Ability to lift, reposition and transfer patients.
- Sustain weight of patients using proper transfer safety
techniques and equipment (example: use of transfer belt while
assisting patient to transfer from bed to chair).
Keywords: Senior Living Support Services, Lakeland , RN (Home Health) Senior Living Support Services - Bartow, FL, Healthcare , Bartow, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!