Registered Nurse Emergency Dept PRN nights
Posted on: November 22, 2021
RN ED AdventHealth Sebring
Location Address: -4200 Sun 'n Lake Boulevard Sebring, FL 33872
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Sebring
Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
Largest Employer in the County
Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida's oldest
Close knit community with a home town family feel
2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
The performance of this position requires substantial specialized
knowledge, judgment, and nursing skill based upon applied
principles of psychological, biological, physical, and social
sciences which include, but not limited to:
1. - - Performs assessments and determines the total nursing needs
of assigned patients.
- - - - Follows the principals of AIDET in all patient and family
- - - - Assesses patient/family needs in relation to presenting
problem, care needs, physical condition and learning needs.
- - - - Performs head-to-toe assessment on all patients and
reassessments as per policy.
- - - - Identifies problems and or/or nursing diagnosis and plans
for nursing interventions.
- - - - Anticipates patient care problems and initiates corrective
- - - - Recognizes abnormal diagnostic laboratory data, drug
levels, blood gas values, and radiologic data and knows the
significance of each.
- - - - Recognizes the patient's and family's perception of
hospitalization and health status.
- - - - Identifies the patient's learning needs and implement
appropriate measures to meet them including the family in the
process. Educates patient/families regarding new medications
including effects and potential side effects.
2. - Formulates a goal directed plan of care and develops
appropriate nursing diagnosis based on needs specific to the
standard of care and updates according to policy.
- - - - Implements appropriate diagnosis specific interdisciplinary
plan of care (IPOC).
- - - - Coordinates patient care to assure diagnosis specific
quality measures are met.
3. - Accurately performs nursing actions to achieve patient care
- - - - Establishes priorities of patient care based on the needs
of the patient.
- - - - Implements a comprehensive patient care plan that includes
baseline admission data, plans for treatment plans and goals for
- - - - Implements specific interventions, treatments, and
medications as defined in the plan of care and documents
- - - - Recognizes emergency situations and takes appropriate
- - - - Consistently uses tools available in the electronic medical
record (EMR) to ensure patient safety and to optimize patient
o - - Performs real-time documentation
o - - Reviews task list at least every two hours. Initiates and
signs off physician orders promptly.
o - - Initiates diagnosis specific IPOCs and updates at least once
per shift or change in patient condition.
o - - Performs bedside report using the Care Compass feature in the
EMR at each hand-off report.
- - - - Complies with national patient safety standards regarding
patient identification prior to treatments and medication
- - - - Accurately administers all medications in a safe manner
displaying competence in the use of an automated dispensing machine
and mPPID technology where applicable.
- - - - Accurately and safely performs and supervises the care of
patients requiring complex interventions.
- - - - Maintains aseptic technique, demonstrating knowledge of
infection control practices.
- - - - Accurately sets up, maintains, monitors and supervises use
of IV pump, PCA pump, and epidural pump.
- - - - Maintains a safe environment within the hospital for
patients and families. Performs rounding according to the
departmental plan on assigned patients to ensure control of pain,
patient positioning, toileting and convenient placement of supplies
- - - - Incorporates new procedures and philosophies into one's
4. - - Evaluates quality of patient care and outcomes based on care
and treatments administered.
- - - - Conducts and/or participates in multidisciplinary patient
- - - - Coordinates the activities of the interdisciplinary
- - - - Confirms patient's understanding of care and treatments
5. - Accepts responsibility for one's own professional
- - - - Accepts and adjusts to changes imposed by government
regulations, consumer demands, professional organizations, and
other external/internal forces.
- - - - Accepts responsibility for one's own actions by initiating
the risk report mechanisms.
- - - - Maintains current clinical, technical, professional
competencies, certifications and licensure requirements.
- - - - Attends a minimum of 75% of scheduled staff meetings
- - - - Attends mandatory hospital in-services
- - - - Complies with departmental, divisional and hospital
policies and standards.
- - - - Handles emergencies, staffing shortages, shift rotations
and floating assignments professionally.
- - - - Demonstrates awareness of the rising costs of health care
by using supplies and equipment in a responsible manner.
- - - - Maintains equipment in its proper working condition,
identifies malfunctioning equipment and takes appropriate
- - - - Reviews current literature and other available
- - - - Seeks and accept constructive criticism and implement
actions designed for self-improvement
- - - - Shows self-direction and leadership by functioning without
the need for close supervision
6. - Other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED - All:
- - - - Minimum of Diploma in Nursing
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
BSN or MSN
Previous healthcare experience
Previous experience in designated department
Current Florida RN License
BLS - condition of employment
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the coordination of patient
care using a multidisciplinary approach to the Nursing process in
accordance with the Hospital's Mission, physician, and patient
expectations. - These duties will be performed in an acceptable
manner according to the hospitals
mission, vision, goals and management expectations.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with
federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and
Keywords: AdventHealth, Lakeland , Registered Nurse Emergency Dept PRN nights, Healthcare , Sebring, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!