Company: Central Florida Health Care, Inc.
Location: Winter Haven
Posted on: February 19, 2021
POSITION SUMMARY:This position prepares dental patients for
evaluation, assists the dentists in providing dental care to
patients, and is responsible for maintaining sterile dental
equipment and a clean, well-stocked, and efficient dental
department. MINIMAL QUALIFICATIONS: Graduate of a dental assistant
- Expanded Functions Certificate for Dental Assistants
- Dental Radiographer certificate
- Current valid BLS CertificationRESPONSIBILTIES AND PERFORMANCE
EXPECTATIONS include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Obtain proficient knowledge of CFHC's programs' philosophies,
goals and objectives. Comply with all policies and procedures as
well as state and federal guidelines.
- Understand the requirements of CFHC's exposure control plan.
Utilize Universal Precautions.
- Attend Dental staff meetings as well as mandatory corporate
- Assist with Quality Control processes.
- Suture removal.
- Placing and removing periodontal dressing.
- Assist the dentists in operative, surgical, periodontal,
preventive, removal and fixed prosthodontic, endodontic, and
- Provide diagnostic aid including exposing radiographs, taking
and recording medical and dental histories, recording vital signs,
and taking preliminary impressions for study casts.
- Apply sealants and fluoride. Perform prophylaxis and give oral
hygiene instruction to children.
- Prepare the patient and coordinate arrival and departure of
patients with receptionist.
- Sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment.
- Give postoperative instructions to patients as ordered by
- Prepare tray set-up for dental procedures.
- Assist in managing medical and dental emergencies.
- Clean dental laboratory, operative, autoclave, x-ray processor,
and ultrasonic cleaner.
- Assist dentist in screening and education programs, including
- Check dental patients in and out at the front desk when
- Coordinate services with offsite dental lab as needed.
- Maintain adequate supplies in the dental department, submitting
requisitions to Facilities Manager after approval by Director of
- Maintain OSHA standards with regard to handling and removal of
red bags with bio-hazardous waste.
- Maintain complete dental patient records.
- Exhibit enthusiasm, dependability, skills, versatility, and
dedication in daily activities.
- Demonstrate ability to work cooperatively with other members of
the dental team. Be supportive of coworkers.
- Communicate with patients in a compassionate manner,
maintaining HIPPA compliance.
- Maintain neat and professional appearance at all times.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Dental
Additional Preferred Performance Skills:Bilingual (Spanish)
- Standing/walking/sitting for long periods
- Independently mobile
- Ability to lift weight equivalents to what would be required
when (and if) asked to assist and position patients, reposition
equipment and lift supplies.
- Ability to adapt and function in varying environments of
workload, patient acuity, worksites and work shifts.
Keywords: Central Florida Health Care, Inc., Lakeland , Dental Assistant, Healthcare , Winter Haven, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!