Management in Training - Operations
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Who Are We? POOLCORP is the world's leading distributor of outdoor
living products. With more than 360 Sales Centers and 4,000
employees, we proudly provide unparalleled service to our 120,000+
customers across 12 countries. At POOLCORP you'll find a wealth of
opportunities that support your individual and long-term career
goals. Publicly traded since 1995, POOLCORP is a global
organization with a long history of continuous success - clearly
making it an industry leader - in so many ways!
What We Offer:
- Employer of Choice - the pace is fast, the atmosphere is fun
and the people are friendly. Every team member is encouraged to
innovate, contribute ideas, and discover solutions as an important
part of a world-class team.
- Benefits Package - 401k with company match, health benefits,
wellness program, education reimbursement, paid travel, employee
stock, paid time off, and many more!
- Growth - You'll have the opportunity to prove yourself from the
very beginning and to make an impact. How far and how fast you grow
in your career is up to you.
- Continuous Learning - With over 100 online courses, we invest
heavily in our employees' development to maximize their success and
the success of our company.
- Community Involvement - we believe that a being a good
corporate citizen is the right thing to do for our customers,
employees and community.
- Safety - the health and safety of our employees and customers
is at the core of our company culture.
- Stability - as a Fortune 1000 company and industry leader, we
have only touched the surface for the demand of outdoor living
Job Summary:The Management in Training - Operations (MIT) Program
is a world class, hands-on training program for individuals seeking
a long-term career in operations management. You will receive the
guidance, support and resources to learn everything there is to
know about the swimming pool supply, irrigation and landscape
distribution industry. If you have an eye for quality, sense of
urgency and a passion for efficiency, then we want to speak with
*This position is located throughout the United States and Canada.*
What You Will Do:
- Receive hands-on training and perform duties in every area of
the distribution center including Operations, Management, and
- Observe experienced employees to acquire knowledge of methods,
procedures, and standards of performance for a successful sales
- Shadow contractors/builders, service/maintenance, and retail
store customers to learn their aspect of the swimming pool,
irrigation and landscaping business.
- Participate in classroom training sessions (lecture, role play
and computer lab) at the state-of-the-art EDGEucation Center in
Plano, Texas. Topics to include operations, financials, leadership,
human capital management and operating systems.
- Learn management viewpoints and company policies and procedures
that affect each phase of business.
- Set and achieve performance goals and objectives with the MIT
Programs Manager and Employee Development Manager.
- Give comprehensive presentation to senior level management for
completion of the Operations MIT program at the end of the 6 month
- Other job duties and special operations projects as
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree or Associate's degree in Industrial
Distribution, Supply Chain Management, Management, Operations or
other related discipline with a minimum of 2.5 GPA.
- Work experience in a leadership and/or problem solving role. In
lieu of work experience, will consider involvement in distribution
or supply chain internships, organizations/clubs, volunteer
work/community service, athletics or military leadership.
- Desire and ability to work in a distribution warehouse
- Results driven, self-starter with the ability to lead and
develop a team with rapidly changing priorities. Strong leadership
skills are a must!
- Ability to learn quickly, make decisions and adapt to change
- Ability to speak effectively to customers, employees and all
levels of management.
- Possess and demonstrate a motivated, passionate, customer
service driven attitude.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite with ability to learn
inventory system and additional software.
- Willingness and ability to relocate during and after the
program (at company expense) for career development
- Ability to travel 25% of the time.
- Ability to lift and move up to 75 pounds.
Learn more about the position by visiting POOLCORP is a drug-free
company and an EOE, M/F/V/D.
Keywords: POOLCORP, Lakeland , Management in Training - Operations, Executive , Lakeland, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!