Deli Manager - Winn-Dixie- (2465*A)
Company: Southeastern Grocers
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Southeastern Grocers is committed to a culture of belonging and
fostering an inclusive environment where we celebrate differences.
As a great place to work, we empower everyone to be their full,
authentic selves. *
The deli manager will manage the daily operations of their assigned
department. This position is accountable for the profit and loss
(P&L) for their department and must use their leadership and
merchandising skills to manage product levels and make sound
business decisions. In addition, this position is responsible for
increasing customer confidence and loyalty by promoting and
executing consistent operating conditions, providing fresh and
appealing products, providing courteous, knowledgeable and prompt
service and a friendly atmosphere in the department.
*Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities*
* Manage inventory, production, in-stock position, pricing
integrity, merchandising, labor, security, expense control and
other operational processes to company standards.
* Ensure the department is merchandised in accordance with the
preferences of the community; maintain shelf allocations to ensure
the availability of products at all times.
* Ensure team members greet, assist, provide efficient service and
thank customers in a prompt, courteous, friendly and business-like
manner in order to promote the company image as a service-oriented
* Ensure the department is well maintained and meets or exceeds
company standards for appearance.
* Supervise, train and develop team members in accordance with
company policies and procedures.
* Evaluate department conditions and operations to determine
strengths and areas for improvement; reinforce strengths while
developing and implementing improved practices and procedures.
* Conduct weekly sales meetings with team members to establish
merchandising, sales and profit objectives.
* Ensure company standards for safety, proper food handling
practices, sanitation and productivity are maintained.
* Monitor cooler and display area temperatures to ensure product
quality; report refrigeration failure immediately.
* Offer product samples, answer product questions and offer
assistance in finding or suggesting product selection.
* Ensure sales and work area are clean and free from safety
* Prepare special orders are requested by customers (e.g., special
occasion cakes, party platters, etc.).
* Responsible for schedule department team members to meet business
* Ensure adherence to wage and hour policies and regulations.
* Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* High school diploma or equivalency.
* Proven experience in a SEG lead position in the deli department;
or one (1) year management or supervisory experience in
supermarkets, retail, restaurants, hotels or general business.
* Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
* Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
* Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to
obtain the same.
* Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and
* Proven experience in a leadership role in all three areas of the
SEG store (customer service, fresh & grocery); or two (2) years
proven leadership in a supermarket.
* Proficient with computer applications used in effectively
operating the department.
* Strong customer service skills.
* Exceptional interpersonal, motivational and communication
* Lives the Values by embracing the essence of the company
demonstrating a commitment to the company's goal and values.
* Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of
success with immediate feedback to build an environment of
* Business-driven showing passion for the business, delivering
* Customer-orientated by passionately demonstrating that the
customer comes first--- always by putting the customer's needs
above all else.
* People Passion through consistently treating others with respect
*Knowledge, Skills, Abilities*
* Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
* Possession of Food Safety Certification or the ability to obtain
same within 180 days of placement.
Location: 3250 U.S. 27, Sebring, Florida 33870
Job Type: Full-time
* 8 hour shift
Weekly day range:
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
* Grocery Retail Management: 1 year (Preferred)
* Grocery Retail: 1 year (Preferred)
* Retail Management: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Southeastern Grocers, Lakeland , Deli Manager - Winn-Dixie- (2465*A), Executive , Sebring, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!