Manager Default Administration
Company: Marriott Vacations Worldwide
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others'
vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world
premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at
destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver
unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Position Summary As a member of the professional staff, contributes
specialized knowledge and skill in a discipline (e.g. Accounting,
Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Operations
Planning & Support, Sales & Marketing) area to support team and/or
department objectives. Generally works under limited supervision,
but within established guidelines, monitoring the flow of work
between own department and others in alignment with business
strategies, selecting and developing effective managers and work
teams, managing own organization through reliable systems and
processes, and producing and analyzing more complex business
information to assist in the decision making process.
Specific Job Summary (describe the nature and purpose of the
position) Responsible for managing day to day operations of the
Default Administration to ensure all foreclosures and deed in lieu
of foreclosures are processed efficiently and in accordance with
MVCI and or state guidelines. Establish proper controls to ensure
all Foreclosure are referred to our legal counsels and all deed in
lieu of foreclosures are processed accurately. Ensures write offs
are processed on completed cases in accordance with accounting and
internal audit controls. Manages title commitment requests and post
title final documentation from our title company to ensure clear
title to MVCI. Build relationships and work closely with external
legal firms as well as internal departments within MVCI. Hire,
coach, lead and motivate a team of individuals using MVCI approved
methods and programs. Complete annual performance reviews for all
direct associates as well as take the necessary actions for
improvement when needed. Manages the team to meet all established
goals and within budget CLS Generic Expected Contributions
- Contributes to team, department and/or business results by
performing more complex quantitative and qualitative analysis for
business processes and/or projects. Often manages small projects,
business processes or parts of larger ones.
- Responds to, solves and makes decisions on more
complex/non-routine business requests with limited to moderate
- Works to enhance the organization's capabilities through
effective staffing and development of others by:
- using appropriate MVW interviewing tools to hire the best
managers available from inside or outside.
- hiring for diversity and balance of skills.
- setting and maintaining high standards for team and individual
- providing timely coaching and feedback.
- making and rewarding distinctions in performance.
- Assists more senior associates in achieving business results
- identifying opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of
- providing training and technical guidance to less senior staff,
where appropriate, and serving as point-of-contact for problem
- participating in setting department operating plans.
- recognizing and celebrating team successes.
- achieving results against budget within scope of
- Demonstrates an awareness of personal strengths and areas for
improvement and acts independently to improve and increase skills
- Performs other duties as appropriate.
Specific Expected Contributions (including duties and
responsibilities) Responsible for the disposition of all loan and
lien accounts to foreclosure department and referred to external
legal counsel for foreclosure. This includes but is not limited to
the referring of the loan and liens to external legal counsels,
signing of supporting affidavits, total amounts due on the account,
payoffs funds received and other day to day operations including
the intake process from the Loss Mitigation and COA Support Teams.
Responsible for overseeing Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure in-house
document production or referring accounts to legal offices for lien
and loan portfolio. Responsible for overseeing the Deed in Lieu
Foreclosure return rate reporting and ensuring outbound calls are
made to owners to return the Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure documents
timely. Responsible for the weekly closed file reports for loan and
lien matters to ensure write offs are processed accurately, title
commitments are ordered on all reacquired property and all
inventory has clear title prior to transfer in systems of record.
Responsible for analyzing monthly status reports from our legal
vendors to ensure foreclosure matters are within the established
timelines and standards with each legal vendor. Responsible for
overseeing all month end reports, sale reports and average days to
close reports for both loan and lien foreclosures. Responsible
resolving exception matters, post title issues and complex legal
issues. Responsible for attendance and performance reviews of all
loan and lien foreclosure specialists. CLS Generic Candidate
Profile Successful candidates should possess knowledge and
experience and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship
skills as follows: Generally a professional position with specific
knowledge and experience in a discipline (e.g., Accounting, Human
Resources, Information Technology) as well as associate management
experience. College degree and/or relevant experience typically
required. Specific Candidate Profile (the education, experience,
skills and attributes that are important for this position)
- Experience in the mortgage servicing industry preferred.
Experience in Default Management such as collections, foreclosure
and loss mitigation or legal work.
- Previous experience in foreclosure, deed in lieu processing and
- 3 or more years of paralegal experience preferred.
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven experience managing multiple project priorities
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office products, including Excel,
Word, Access and Power Point.
- Mature, professional attitude with good interactive personal
- Professional demeanor and appearance
- Ability to work in a team environment and interact with all
levels of the organization. Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an
equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce
and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Keywords: Marriott Vacations Worldwide, Lakeland , Manager Default Administration, Executive , Lakeland, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!