Company: Valmont Industries, Inc.
Posted on: January 23, 2023
4131 Hwy 17 South Bartow Florida Why Valmont We-- re Here to
Move the World Forward. Valmont impacts millions of people around
the world every day, yet they might not realize the many ways. Our
technology is helping feed the growing population, supplying the
world with more reliable energy and access to renewables, enhancing
connectivity in remote and urban locations to create a sustainable
future and so much more. Simply put, Valmont is advancing
agricultural productivity and reimagining vital infrastructure to
make life better. Join a Fortune 1000 company that respects hard
work, honors diversity and invests in our employees as we focus on
creating the world of tomorrow, today . We are the modern workforce
. Are you ready to move the world forward? Apply now. A Brief
Summary of This Position: Develops manufacturing processes,
designs, builds, or purchases equipment and manages facility
utilization to support Valmont-- s design and manufacture of
concrete poles. Supports Operations to make sure they are operating
at optimum levels and manufacturing conforming, or better,
- Supports existing products as well as launches new products by
- Developing, evaluating, and improving manufacturing methods,
utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts.
- Designing custom equipment, then managing it is built,
installation, commissioning and operator training.
- Supports safety goals and objectives of the division and
departments to help fulfill Safety by Objective goals.
- Identifies and executes cost savings opportunities.
- Researches, specifies, negotiates Capital Equipment
Acquisitions and then manages the installation, commissioning, and
- Understands and embraces the importance of integrating
processes into existing facilities for efficient, safe material
- Is passionate about working with people around the world to
make the best value, market leading, standardized irrigation
- This role requires up to 10% travel which may include
occasional international travelOther Important Details about the
- Strong oral and written communication skills to clearly and
concisely present information to management
- Experience working with MRP/ERP systems
- The ability to evaluate and make recommendations on quality
- Excellent communication, organizational, analytical, and
- Ability to work closely with Operations, Quality Assurance,
Maintenance and Sourcing as well as Product Engineering, and
ShippingRequired Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education,
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Bachelor-- s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology
with 3+ years or Associates Degree with 5+ years or 7+ years of
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Work experience with AutoCAD or SolidWorks
- A strong working knowledge of machine and tool designHighly
Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications
- Five (5) years-- work experience in a Manufacturing/Industrial
- Knowledge of or Experience working with Lean principles, 5S,
Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, Six Sigma, and Standardized Work
- Experience with welding, machining, and fixtures
- Professional certifications CME (Certified Manufacturing
Engineer) and/or PE (Professional Engineer)
- Master-- s degree in Industrial, Manufacturing or Mechanical
- Experience working in support of multi-site operationsWorking
Environment and Physical Efforts:
- Work is performed in the office, on the manufacturing floor and
at machine fabrication/process development.
- The incumbent will be communicating with people around the
world using all methods available at irregular times during the
- The employee is expected to be able to operate computers, cell
phones, etc., as well as operate the processes they are responsible
for in developing standardized work, demonstrating capability and
- Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as
monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and
proper wrists rests.
- The employee will occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth
perception.Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or
applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status,
disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable
accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.If you have a disability and
require any assistance in filling out the application for
employment email .
Keywords: Valmont Industries, Inc., Lakeland , Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Bartow, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!