Network Security Engineer
Company: Ascendo Resources
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Ascendo Resources is working with a leading manufacturer that is
looking for a Security and Cloud Engineer to support their
enterprise environment. You will be responsible for the design,
implementation and support of enterprise-wide solutions that reduce
operating risk in alignment with architecture and business needs.
This role will be responsible for policy generation, auditing,
security monitoring, network and applications security, systems
access control, identity and access management, penetration and
vulnerability assessment, analysis and reporting, forensics and
- Develop security and related policies including auditing of the
policies and vendors.
- Develops and maintains standards and operational
- Develops and maintains Security Awareness Training and
- Develops and maintains EDR and XDR solutions.
- Develops and maintains patch management.
- Create and maintain system config, procedural and technical
- Provisions security per organizations standards.
- Monitors environment daily to identify and resolve security
- Troubleshoots and resolves security incidents.
- Plans, coordinates, and executes tasks and requests as
- Perform all tasks in accordance with scheduling, change
control, security and applicable operational policies and
procedures including communicating with other teams when making
- Is accountable and responsible for the following activities:
Performance and tuning analysis, capacity planning, support,
strategic technical planning, problem resolution tracking, and
software/firmware upgrades and installation.
- Design, develop, implement, and deploy systems to support
- Collaborate with other infrastructure teams, developers,
business analysts and other business stakeholders to determine
requirements and design/deploy systems to meet business and
technical objectives, SLAs, performance and availability, capacity
requirements, monitoring and alerting, capacity planning, and
- Participate in enterprise-wide development, deployment and
utilization of system and software provisioning tools.
- Act as escalation point from other teams.
- Provide after-hours and on-call support for production
incidents or issues outside normal working hours
- Perform other tasks, including patching, maintenance and
administration of other systems, as needed to meet the objectives
of the team and business
- Continuously improve our security posture while collaborating
with other IT personnel
- Evaluate, architect, build and support security infrastructure
that detects and responds to threats including IPS, WAF, UTM, SIEM,
XDR, and NSM systems
- Stay informed of new threats, identifying and piloting
risk-reduction and mitigation technologies, and collaborate with
engineer teams to get these protections into production
- Assess and mitigate risks across the enterprise
- Assess the appropriateness and effectiveness of security
measures and recommend enhancements
- Ensure that communications across all locations are adequately
and properly secured using standard encryption technologies
- Collaborate with technical teams to identify, resolve and
- Spread security awareness throughout the enterprise
- Perform lifecycle management to ensure the environment remains
up to date and we have a plan to replace systems before they reach
End of Support.
- Expected to be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) and Ownership of
Security including Certificates, SEG, EDR, XDR, Self Awareness
Training, Patch Management, Proxy, Policy creation and upkeep, Data
Protection & Vendor Audits, and Incident Response among others.
- 5+ years of prior hands-on experience in one or more of the
- Monitoring network-based IPS
- Network Access Control
- UTM and/or NextGen Firewalls
- Networking (Layer 2 and Layer 3 management)
- IAM & SSO
- Cloud Network Security experience
- A complete understanding of the network engineering foundations
of data center security
- Knowledge of attack vectors (malware, web application, social
- Experience with incident response and handling
- Experience and understanding of Cloud Architecture and
Infrastructure including Microsoft Azure IaaS.
- Proven ability to manage own work and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in an office environment where smoking is
allowed, including cigarettes. If this is a concern, please reach
out for more information.
- Minimum of one certification related to the positionby
Keywords: Ascendo Resources, Lakeland , Network Security Engineer, Engineering , Lakeland, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!