Traveling Field Technician
Company: Apex Systems
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Apex Systems, one of the nation's largest IT staffing and
technology services firm, has immediate openings for a team of
cleared, traveling Field Technicians to support a top Government
If you believe you meet the qualifications below and would like to
learn more,please contact: Kaitlin Westbrook, National Government
Services Recruiter,at or
Opportunity Outline -
Position: Traveling Field TechnicianLocation: Navy and Marine Corps
bases across U.S. - 100% Travel required.Duration: Based on
military bases support requests and travel/scheduling logistics.Pay
Rate: Government mandated through a wage calculator. Wages are
determined based on the candidates home state and county, and vary
contractor to contractor. The contract is a W2.
- All contractors must have a fully adjudicated Secret Clearance
to support the US Naval Bases.
- Contractors must also be DOD 8570 Compliant by holding an
active CompTIA CE A+, Network+, or Security+ certification.
- Contractors must have a valid Drivers' License.
- Provide desk side support to computer hardware, software, and
other electronic or mechanical devices including clients, servers,
and legacy systems.
- Perform all information assurance activities at the site to
fulfill the Local Element role, to include Electronic Key
Management System (EKMS) requirements (Applicable to the Cyber
Security Specialist labor category only).
- Responsibilities could include: monitoring networks;
maintaining, diagnosing, and upgrading hardware and software for
all military installations supported by NMCI (Navy Marine Corps
- Configure, assemble and install laptops, microcomputers,
workstations and/or peripheral equipment.
- Special Project Deployments could include: replacing hard
drives, conducting memory upgrades, scanning and tracking hard
drives, initiating user data backups, and machine refreshes.
Deployments, Schedules, & Travel -
- Deployments to bases will vary based on the scope of work
needed and travel scheduling. This is a project based opportunity
and flexibility is required. Each deployment will be slightly
different as each bases volume and needs are different.
- As a reference, the last travel tech project had deployments
that were roughly 3 weeks. Contractors would then return home for
the weekend, and then be deployed out for another 3 weeks of
- There might be deployment gaps where you are off work for a
week due to base support requests and travel/scheduling
- This is an hours worked, hours paid contract. Contractors will
be paid for every hour that they work, including any overtime.
- Hours will vary each week based on the deployment. Anticipated
hours are 40 per work week.
- Based on our current forecast, we're expecting 40 hour weeks
and consistent deployments, however this is something that can
change based off of government/ individual base needs.
- All travel is 100% paid for! Although, if you are local (within
50 miles) to the base you are supporting, under that deployment you
would not qualify for travel expenses.
- If you are over 50 miles from the work location, depending on
distance - flights, hotels, and rental vehicles will be booked and
provided by Apex Systems. Incidentals incurred during the
deployment (gas, meals, parking, etc.) will be reimbursed based
upon receipts. Travel time is considered worked time and is
Keywords: Apex Systems, Lakeland , Traveling Field Technician, Engineering , Lakeland, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!