Coordinator, Clinical Education - EMS (Center for Public Safety)
Company: Polk State College
Location: Winter Haven
Posted on: January 23, 2023
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
At Polk State, our amazing faculty and staff create an inspiring
workplace. This Coordinator, Clinical Education position reports to
the Program Director and is an excellent opportunity within the
College's EMS program. We offer a collaborative, creative, and
culturally diverse work environment. If you want to be supported in
your efforts to grow professionally and to be recognized for your
contributions, then come work for Polk State.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This is a professional/technical position that reports directly to
the Program Director of the College's EMS Program. It involves both
administrative support responsibilities associated with the
program, and instructional responsibilities as appropriate within
the program. Work requires the analysis of complex problems,
planning of various interrelated activities, and sometimes the
coordination of multiple projects or simultaneous functions.
Frequently called upon to resolve complex problems within the
program where recognized principles may be inadequate to determine
a course of action. Regularly required to work cooperatively with
other allied health programs and to communicate with other areas,
both in and out of the college, in order to meet the needs of
students, the community, and the profession.
- Assists with the establishment of policies and procedures
governing selection and progression of students through the
- Assists with the drafting of promotional materials used to
attract students into the program.
- Assists with the development of the curriculum framework for
integration of clinical skills throughout the curriculum.
- Assists in assembling and compiling all materials required for
accreditation of the program.
- Assists in disseminating the above information to the
appropriate recipients at the College (administrators, counselors,
and program students) and outside the College (national accrediting
body and each clinical affiliate).
- Assists with all aspects of the selection process for the
limited access program.
- Assists with the evaluation of students' readiness for entry
into the profession.
- Assists with the assessment of strengths and weaknesses of
students via student surveys and employer surveys in order to
continuously improve the instructional framework.
- Assists in identifying the adjunct instructors to be utilized
within the program.
- Assist in keeping records on the progression of students
through the program.
- Coordinates contracts with the clinical agencies, student
clinical assignments and, rotation through the clinical
- Assists with the development of the appropriate support
laboratory on the campus, including the ordering of equipment and
- Assists with the acquisition of ancillary demonstration
materials from appropriate vendors.
- Assists in monitoring continuity of courses so that all
essentials have been covered within the curriculum as well as
- Assists with maintaining currency of student clinical handbook
for the program.
- Teaches courses within the first and/or second year of the
curriculum as appropriate in order to assure program continuity
(courses not to exceed half of the standard teaching contract on a
- Coordinates and assists students in completing the required
documentation after student clinical-related injuries. Adheres to
affiliate partner and college safety department policies and
procedures concerning clinic/work related injuries while following
- Travels to clinical sites and acts as liaison between affiliate
partners and the college while overseeing student clinical
assignments, verifying student attendance logs, and verifying
required program clinical competency checks, while addressing any
potential affiliate/student issues.
- Assists to make sure all materials are up to date and available
for instructors for all courses within the program.
- Assists to make sure all classes are properly prepared
including all materials and equipment needed for all courses within
- Maintains schedule and assigns instructors for all clinical and
non-credit courses within the program.
- Will teach all courses and clinical within the program that are
unfilled by adjunct instructors.
- Assists to make sure all students obtain and maintain all
required credentials, records, uniforms, and any other items
required by the program during the term.
This position is a level P15. To determine starting salary, Polk
State College takes into consideration the pay level minimum, the
candidate's qualifications and internal equity factors.
- Requires ability to communicate effectively verbally and in
writing with a wide variety of individuals within and outside the
department, and frequently with students, faculty and staff of the
College. Significant consultation is expected for problems
requiring judgment and tact to obtain cooperation or approval of
action to be taken.
- Ability to work cooperatively with college personnel.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Current Florida licensure as a Paramedic is required.
Travel may be required: primarily day travel within Polk county,
but may require overnight travel as well.
Required Education and Certifications:
Graduation from an accredited college or university with an
Associate's Degree required.
Current Florida licensure as a Paramedic is required.
OTHER: Within the first 45 days of employment, must obtain
instructor status certification in the following areas:
American Heart Association (AHA)
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians
Prehospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS)
Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
Advanced Stroke Life Support (ASLS)
Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Bachelor's Degree preferred.
We offer an excellent employer-paid benefits package including the
following: Medical, Dental, Life, Long-Term Disability, Vacation
(except faculty), Holiday and Sick Leave, Retirement (if eligible)
and college fee waivers. Other employee-paid, voluntary benefits
(vision, short-term disability, etc.) are also available.
- Application Requirements:A completed online application
- Polk State electronic job application (eApp) with all sections
Submissions that do not include all required information will not
- Background Screening:Reference checks, successful completion of
a Level II background check (fingerprinting), and third-party
Education Verification for all stated degrees will be required
prior to employment.
- Staff Transcripts: For career positions (C10-C18), an
undergraduate degree is not required. However, please note that
education will be verified for all stated degrees. Submission of
official transcripts for all stated degrees will be required as a
condition of employment, following receipt of job offer.
- Veterans' Preference: Eligible applicants must use the to apply
for Veterans' Preference for positions in qualifying categories
(Career and Protech positions levels P12 - P16). All required
documentation (Polk State Veteran's Preference Form, DD-214, and
any other required documentation) must be submitted with the
completed application for consideration.
- As a general rule, Polk State College does not provide H1-B
visa sponsorship. Exceptions may be made based on the College's
need for a candidate with unique skills and expertise where the
College cannot otherwise recruit and hire qualified non-sponsored
- Relocation: Polk State College does NOT provide relocation
assistance for this position.
This position will close at 8:00 a.m. on Friday, February 3,
If you need further assistance with your application, please
contact the Recruiting Team at .
If you are a retiree of the Florida Retirement System (FRS), please
check with the FRS on how your current benefits will be affected if
you are re-employed with the State of Florida. Your current
retirement benefits may be canceled, suspended, or deemed
ineligible depending upon the date of your retirement.
Polk State College is an equal access/equal opportunity institution
committed to excellence through diversity in education and
employment. The College complies with all state and federal laws
granting rights to students, employees, and applicants for
employment or admission to the College. Polk State College does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin,
ethnicity, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, marital status,
veteran status, genetic information, disability, or pregnancy in
its programs, activities, or employment. For questions or concerns,
please contact: Lonnie Thompson, Chief Diversity Officer, Title IX
Coordinator, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion; 999 Avenue H, NE;
Winter Haven, FL 33881; Office: WAD 227; 863.2 97.1000 Ext. 5378;
Polk State College is a drug-free workplace and participates in
Polk State College is committed to working with and providing
reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with
disabilities. If you feel you require a reasonable accommodation to
apply for a position with Polk State, please call 863-297-1070 or
e-mail with the nature of your request, along with your contact
information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a
case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries
concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a
Center for Public Safety
47,672.15 - 60,565.69 USD
Keywords: Polk State College, Lakeland , Coordinator, Clinical Education - EMS (Center for Public Safety), Education / Teaching , Winter Haven, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!