Company: Home Builders Institute Inc
Location: Polk City
Posted on: April 6, 2021
HBI is currently seeking a Carpentry Instructor. GENERAL
DESCRIPTION: Under the direct supervision of the Regional Career
Development Coordinator (RCDC), and the general supervision of the
Regional Program Manager, instructs program participants in Pre-
Apprenticeship Certificate Training (PACT). Trains program
participants in building trades. Provides assessment of potential
participants, and assessment of active participants' progress.
Accountable for participant's ability to perform satisfactorily
when placed on the job at the completion of training. Handles
confidential information.PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Develops training program, lesson plans, participant/applicant
records, training site materials, etc. to become familiar with
training sequence, participant skill levels and field site training
- Instructs participants using HBI Pre-Apprenticeship Certificate
Training (PACT) curriculum. Develops supporting materials as needed
for use with HBI curriculum, emphasizing proper use of tools and
hardware, equipment care, safety, and standard building
- Coordinates on-site training activities with other trades and
with other organizations.
- Maintains trainee Skill Achievement Records weekly and
participant profiles, in order to provide workplace competency
development reporting to both trainee and potential employers.
- Consults with RCDC and RPC on trainee social service needs, as
- Provides clear, workplace-focused supervision at all times to
trainees. Monitors trainees to determine level of achievement,
coaches trainees in developing their skills and competencies.
Coaches trainees in workplace success, job retention and upward
- Instills in trainees the desire to work well in the home
building industry and maintain a healthy attitude toward the tasks
to be performed. Stimulates interest in learning by using effective
training methods and assisting each student with his/her
- Demonstrates a professional attitude towards work, including a
positive disposition, mature conflict resolution approaches, proper
workplace dress and behaviors, and acceptable verbal communication
- Works with the RCDC in recruiting and selecting potential
- Maintains liaisons in the home building industry to develop job
opportunities for trainees.
- Refers trainees to RPC for appropriate job placement
activities, based on trainee age and skills.
- Maintains safe, clean and orderly shop and work site.
- Maintains daily tool and equipment inventories for periodic
reporting. Oversees maintenance/replacement of tools and equipment
- Submits and uploads accurate and timely reports, attendance,
tests, and student paperwork in accordance with grant, contract and
- Maintains a detailed schedule of trainee-client activities for
each day of the week.
- Prepares lesson plans for daily activity well in advance.
- Performs related duties as assigned.WORKING
RELATIONSHIPS:Internal: Communicates with the, Regional Career
Development Coordinator, Regional Placement Coordinator and
Regional Program ManagerExternal: Communicates with staff of
funding and partner agencies other providers, probation officers,
prospective and/or current employers of program graduates, case
management agencies and organizations providing "live work"
opportunities.QUALIFICATIONS: Education: High School
Diploma/equivalent. Experience/Skills/Core Competencies:
- Five years of documented experience in the required trade area
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with a variety of industry
and human service groups.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and communicate effectively with
- Current valid state driver's license.
- Active CPR and First Aid Certification preferred.
- Experience using computers and MS Office software.
- Depending on program or funder requirements, may need to
complete Protective Action Response training, an extensive criminal
background screening, and/or a workplace productivity assessment.
WORKING CONDITIONS:Usual office-type and/or working conditions in a
hands-on classroom or training site setting. Some disagreeable
weather conditions may exist due to the geographic location of the
position. Routine physical conditions include walking, carrying,
standing, hearing/listening and sitting.
HBI offers a competitive salary and benefits program. HBI is an
equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
any other protected characteristic as established by federal,
state, or local law.
Keywords: Home Builders Institute Inc, Lakeland , Carpentry Instructor, Education / Teaching , Polk City, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!