Shop Services Administrative Assistant
Company: Mid-State Industrial Maintenance
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Founded in 1973, Mid-State started out as a Machine Shop with 15
employees servicing mostly the Phosphate industry. Today, Mid-State
employees over 500 people serving the Phosphate, Chemical, Power,
Citrus, Sand & Aggregate, and many other industries by offering
turnkey solutions including field maintenance, fabrication,
dragline repair, machining, pump repair, gearbox repair, and valve
repair. Mid-State is equipped with industry experts, over 200,000
square feet of shop space, and overhead crane capacity up to 35
tons all which allow us to meet all of our clients' needs.
As a Shop Administrative Assistant, you will support a fast-paced
fabrication shop. Effectively guiding jobs from start to finish,
working with a team to monitor the financial and physical
* Review time, verifying that job number, phase, and cost codes are
correct to ensure that jobs are properly billed
* Monitor and filter emails in order of urgency, ensuring that all
issues are appropriately addressed within defined time frame
* Answer job status questions from internal and external
* Assist generating floor packages, process work orders, and
* Understand customer PO's, able to translate the data to complete
a job number request
* Start job folders, and save all job-related correspondence,
including the quote folder from the estimates drive
* Independently pull inventory jobs, transfer material, ship, and
proceed to close
* Work with multiple departments to advance and close jobs
* Scan and save all job-related documents, using proper naming
conventions in the correct folder on the appropriate shared
* Archive existing packages in an organizational and efficient
* Effectively process, escalate, and promptly follow up on rush
* Receptive to multiple personalities, and job approaches, working
to obtain a similar goal
* Ability to prioritize work tasks in a high traffic
* Other administrative tasks as assigned
* Run daily performance reports through project management software
Skills & Qualifications
* High School Diploma or GED, with 1+ years of experience in Office
Administration role, is required.
* Excellent Time Management and Organizational skills. Managing
one's own time and the time of others. Developing goals and plans
to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
* Strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize a high volume
of shop needs.
* Proficiency with Outlook, Excel and Word. (Or desire and
capability to become proficient.)
* Must be an Active Learner - understanding the implications of new
information for both current and future problem-solving and
* Above average Communication Skills, required. Communicating
clearly via phone, in written form, e-mail, or in-person.
* Excellent Attention to Detail - being careful about detail and
thorough in completing tasks.
* Must be a Cooperative Team Player - displaying a good-natured,
* Dependability - job requires someone who is reliable,
responsible, and fulfills obligations.
* This position has access to sensitive information. Must always be
honest and ethical and operate at all times with a high-level of
integrity. Must recognize the importance of confidentiality and
maintain confidential information, without exception.
* Concern for Others - being understanding and helpful on the
* Adaptability/Flexibility - being open to change (whether it's
personally perceived to be positive or negative) and to
considerable variety in the workplace.
* Self-Motivation and Initiative - willingness to take on
responsibilities and challenges, by one's own initiative - not only
* Stress Tolerance - accepting constructive criticism and dealing
calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
* Independence - developing one's own ways of doing things, guiding
oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to
get things done.
* Self-Control - maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check,
controlling anger, and avoiding passive-aggressive behavior, even
in very difficult situations.
* Follow-up and Persistence in the face of obstacles.
* Social Orientation - job requires preferring to work with others
rather than alone, and being personally connected with others on
* Achievement/Effort - establishing and maintaining personally
challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering
* Analytical Thinking - analyzing information and using logic to
address issues and problems.
* Innovation - creativity and alternative thinking to develop new
ideas for and suggestions for improvement.
* This is a non-exempt position.
* This position reports to the Shop Services Project
* This position typically has 0 direct reports.
* Mid-State is proud to offer benefits to all of its full-time
employees. Benefits available include; Medical, Dental & Vision
Insurance, Life and AD&D Insurance, Disability Insurance,
401(k), Vacation, Holiday pay, and an Employee Assistance
Physical Requirements / Working Environment
* Location is at 2730 Mine and Mill Road, Lakeland, FL.
* This is a full-time position. Days and Hours of work are Monday
through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm. Must be willing and able to work
overtime - nights, weekends and holidays, when necessary.
* This job operates in a professional office environment. This role
routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones,
photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
* This is a largely sedentary role; however, while performing the
duties of this job, the employee will be frequently required to use
hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or controls; reach with
hands and arms, talk and hear. This position will require
occasional standing, walking, balancing, stooping, kneeling, and
crouching. Must be able to occasionally lift or move up to 10
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus.
* Mid-State maintains a firm commitment in providing a safe and
healthy work environment for its employees and quality services to
its clients. Mid-State is a drug-free workplace. Must be able to
pass a post-offer / pre-placement drug screen and job-related
employment physicals. Must also submit to a post-offer /
pre-employment background check and motor vehicle report.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Mid-State participates in E-Verify. Go to
https://www.uscis.gov/e-verify to learn more.
Job Type: Full-time
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Referral program
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
* What is your desired wage? (Please answer in $$ amounts only)
* High school or equivalent (Preferred)
* Office Administration: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Mid-State Industrial Maintenance, Lakeland , Shop Services Administrative Assistant, Administration, Clerical , Lakeland, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!