Assistant Business Office Manager
Posted on: January 12, 2020
Job OverviewPurpose of Your Job Position--As a Consulate Health
Care Assistant BOM, you are entrusted with the responsibility of
caring for our residents, families, co-workers, visitors and all
others; as well as demonstrating in all interactions, Consulate
Health Cares five core values of Compassion, Honesty, Integrity,
Respect and Passion. The primary purpose of your job position is to
manage the facility accounts receivable system. You are entrusted
to provide innovative, responsible healthcare with the creation and
implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve
systems and processes to achieve superior results.--Job
Functions--As Assistant BOM, you are delegated the administrative
authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for
carrying out your assigned duties. Responsible for managing the
facility accounts receivable system. The position focuses on the
billing of all payor classes. This job description does not list
all the duties of the job. You may be asked by the supervisors or
managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part
based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job
description. The employer has the right to revise this job
description at any time, for any reason.--Duties and
- Record daily collection of cash receipts and deposit to
- Prepare deposits, posting entries in the accounting
- Establish and maintain communication with resident, family
members and others responsible for payment for resident care
services. Assure all are kept current about account status.
- Analyze account activity and prepare interest calculation and
- Generate timely billing of payor classes.
- Responsible for the generation and submission of all network
and insurance, claims, statements on a timely basis.
- Produce UB92s for all Medicare and contract resident as well as
for Medicare demand billings.
- Complete month end close in a timely manner.
- Keep AFA up to date with current provider/pay status.
- Adhere to established reporting procedures to ensure that the
- Maintain current and accurate computer data.
- Attend meeting and inservice training sessions, as
- Adheres to facility policies and procedures and participates in
facility quality improvement and safety programs.
- Embrace Consulate Health Cares five core values of compassion,
honesty, integrity, respect and passion, and incorporate them into
ones daily job function.
- Demonstrate respect and compassion in every interaction.
- Conduct oneself with the highest degree of honesty and
integrity in every interaction.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction
with co- workers, residents, families and visitors.
- May be trained and assigned to perform the Customer Care
Liaison duties as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.Education--Must possess, as a
minimum, a high-school diploma or its equivalent. Two-year degree
preferred.--Experience--Must have, as a minimum, three (3) years
experience in bookkeeping or accounting practices. Experience in
health care accounting preferred but not required.--Specific
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English
language and possess good communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when
circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel,
residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel
and the general public.
- Must be able to type 45 words per minute, and use a 10-key
- Must possess the ability to work harmoniously with other
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement,
and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and
procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing sound accounting
- Must be able to understand and carry out written and oral
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm,
as well as be willing to handle residents, staff, and visitors
based on whatever maturity level at which they are currently
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles
and be willing to incorporate them into existing accounting
- Must be knowledgeable of computers, data entry/retrieval,
- Must possess the ability to examine and verify financial
documents and reports.
- Must be able to prepare financial and other records in a
systematic, neat, and legible manner.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other
individuals in the workplace--Working Conditions--
- Works in office areas as well as throughout the facility.
- Moves intermittently during working hours.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Is involved with residents, family members, personnel,
visitors, government agencies/personnel, etc., under all
- Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family
members, personnel, and visitors.
- Works beyond normal working hours, on weekends and holidays,
and on other shifts when necessary.
- Is subject to callback during emergency conditions (e.g.,
severe weather, evacuation, post-disaster, etc.).
- Attends and participates in continuing educational
- Is subject to injury from falls, burns from equipment, odors,
etc., throughout the workday, as well as reactions from dust,
disinfectants, tobacco smoke, and other air contaminants.
- Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases,
conditions, etc., including TB and AIDS and Hepatitis B
- May be subject to the handling of and exposure to hazardous
- Communicates with the medical staff, nursing personnel, and
other department directors.--EEO/MFDVCompany OverviewWhere Will
Compassion Take You?--At Consulate Health Care, we're looking for
talented, compassionate and hard-working individuals who are eager
to serve others. Our team members go above and beyond to give our
residents and patients the care they deserve so you'll find that
every day with Consulate Health Care offers new and exciting
opportunities to learn and grow.Compassionate hearts and passionate
dedication-- these two qualities shine in our team members and
provide the foundation for our mission of--Providing Service With
Our Hearts and Hands. The compassion you'll show to residents,
patients and their families is the lifeline of our business, while
relationships with your peers and coworkers will strengthen our
vibrant, diverse community.Consulate Health Care is one of the
nation's leading providers of Senior healthcare services,
specializing in post-acute care. Operating in 21 states, we offer
services ranging from short-term transitional care to Alzheimers
and dementia care.--
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Comprehensive post-acute care
- Physical, Occupational and Speech therapies
- "Your Journey Home" short-term rehab program
- Alzheimer's and dementia care
- Care for medically-complex patients
Keywords: UNAVAILABLE, Lakeland , Assistant Business Office Manager, Administration, Clerical , Lakeland, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!