Financial Services Research Specialist
Company: Marriott Vacations Worldwide
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others'
vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world
premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at
destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver
unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Check figures, postings, and documents for accuracy. Record, store,
access, and/or analyze computerized financial information. Control
and secure cash and cash equivalents according to policy and
procedures. Respond to and/or resolve questions, issues, or
disputes from owners and internal clients. Prepare, maintain,
audit, and distribute statistical, financial, accounting, reports
and tables., Review, audit and process refunds and void credit card
transactions. Follow all company safety and security policies and
procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions
to manager. Follow all company policies and procedures; maintain
confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
Anticipate and address customers' service needs. Develop and
maintain positive working relationships with others; support team
to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the
concerns of other employees. Ensure adherence to quality
expectations and standards; identify, recommend, develop, and
implement new ways to increase organizational efficiency,
productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings. Enter and
locate work-related information using computers. Move, lift, carry,
push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10
pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as
requested. CRITICAL TASKS
General Finance and Accounting
- Respond to and resolve questions, issues, or disputes from
owners and internal clients -- Ensure proper allocation of funds to
- Review, audit and process credit card refunds and voids
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry,
mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
- Record, store, and/or analyze information using property
- Organize, secure, and maintain all files and records in
accordance with document retention and confidentiality policies and
- Access computerized financial information to answer general
questions as well as those related to specific accounts. --
Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to
compile and keep financial records, using journals, ledgers, and/or
- Maintain accurate electronic spreadsheets for financial and
- Complete period-end closing procedures and reports as
- Prepare, maintain, and distribute statistical, financial, and
accounting, reports and tables.
- Control and secure cash and cash equivalents according to cash
handling policy and procedures.
- Process all payment methods in accordance with Accounting
procedures and policies.
- Code documents according to company policies and
- Generate finance/accounting reports from computer system as
- Audit and reconcile, balance all postings to the back-up
- Use computer systems and software packages to input, access,
modify, store, or output information -- Enter and retrieve data
from computer systems using a keyboard, mouse or trackball.
- Prepare letters, memos, and other documents using word
processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation
- Monitor and respond to inbound customer, client, and property
communications via email, voice mail, etc. in a timely manner
- Speak to customers and co-workers using clear, appropriate and
- Prepare and review written documents (e.g., daily logs,
business letters, memoranda, reports), including proofreading and
editing written information to maintain accuracy and
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange
information. Working with Others
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact,
respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of
teamwork and achieve common goals.Physical Tasks
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats
(e.g., small print).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less
than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.Policies and
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and
- Protect the privacy and security of owners and coworkers. --
Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested. CRITICAL
COMPETENCIES Analytical Skills
- Problem Solving
- Arithmetic Computation
- Computer Skills -- Learning Interpersonal Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Team Work
- Diversity RelationsCommunications
- Applied Reading
- English Language ProficiencyPersonal Attributes -- Integrity
- Positive Demeanor Organization
- Detail Orientation
- Time ManagementGeneral Finance and Accounting -- Microsoft
Office PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS EducationHigh school diploma/G.E.D.
equivalentRelated Work Experience At least 1 year of related work
experienceSupervisory Experience No supervisory experience is
required Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity
employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an
Keywords: Marriott Vacations Worldwide, Lakeland , Financial Services Research Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Lakeland, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!