Assistant Corporate Controller
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Position OverviewTrulieve is looking for an Assistant Corporate
Controller to fill a key role within the Finance team. The position
will oversee all Accounting operations, Technical Accounting and
External Reporting for a public cannabis company. The role will
closely interface with Investor Relations and all functions of the
organization, reporting to the Corporate Controller. Primary
- Lead the preparation and timely filing of all public filings
for a growing public cannabis company (10-Q, 10-K, 8-K and other
SEC related filings)
- Running the close (in conjunction with current interim and
future perm Assistant Controller)
- Prepare financial statements.
- Oversee External Reporting - K's, Q's, SEC Checklists (as you
know this role is currently open). We are absorbing with current
- Technical Accounting Research
- Oversee SOX program - we are in first year of SOX this year
- Key liaison with External and outsourced Internal Auditors (SOX
- Audit Committee presentations
- Engaging, leading and motivating staff - the vision is for this
role to ensure "no surprises", close accurately and on time every
time (to be able to get at numbers early to get to operational
leaders to make necessary business decisions) and eventually
leverage staff to execute while being strategic as part of an
- Lead research of technical accounting matters and prepare
accounting memos and position papers
- Assessment of impact all new accounting standards and
implementation of necessary procedures and controls to adopt if
- Oversee entire Accounting function, inclusive of directly
supervising Assistant Controller, Accounting Manager and External
- Lead Payroll, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Direct and ensure a timely monthly and quarterly close process
to issue timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual
financial statement in accordance with IFRS and US GAAP and
internal management reporting requirements.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of all financial
- Lead the consolidation of all company subsidiaries.
- Maintenance of financial dashboards and other internal trackers
and management reporting
- Lead tax compliance and coordinate taxes with outsourced
- Oversee all accounting policies, procedures, and systems.
- Ensure a strong internal control environment and be a key
driver in getting the company SOX compliant.
- Internal lead for the Company SOX program
- Primary Investors Relations contact in the preparation of
materials for the quarterly earnings call and press release
- Preparation of Audit Committee presentations on monthly,
quarterly and annual results
- Primary point of contact and lead liaison with all external and
- Ensure all reconciliations and analyses within the group are
SOX-ready and ready to be reviewed by external auditors.
- Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to,
participating in special projects, system enhancements or ad-hoc
analyses as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting
- CPA required.
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive experience in public/private
accounting and corporate accounting, including experience in the
preparation of financial statements, consolidations, income tax
accounting and managing an Accounting Department.
- Minimum 2 years public accounting experience
- Extensive external reporting experience
- Extensive Sarbanes Oxley experience
- Previous supervisor experience
- Ability to mentor and train staff
- Up to date with current GAAP standards
- Extensive experience working with both internal and external
- Demonstrated success working both individually and within a
team in a fast-paced, high-volume, deadline-oriented environment
with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Knowledge of accounting software and systems is preferred (SAP
is a big plus)
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, to work
effectively cross-functionally and with subsidiaries.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (i.e., pivot tables, VLookups,
- Self-starter and able to quickly learn new
- High attention to detail required.
Keywords: Trulieve, Lakeland , Assistant Corporate Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Lakeland, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!