Cost Accounting Analyst
Company: JBT Corporation
Posted on: March 23, 2020
OverviewJBTis a leading supplier of integrated food processing
solutions. From single machines to complete processing lines, we
enhance value and capture quality, nutrition and taste in food
products. As a local presence on six continents, we can quickly
provide customers and partners in the food processing industry with
know-how, service and support that ensure their profitable
enterprise.Ensure that inventory is properly costed, analyze and
book variances to standard, and maintain accurate inventory records
per JBTs policies and the Controllers Operating Standards. Handle
all Inventory reconciliations and reporting. Coordinate the yearly
standard cost update. Perform LIFO reporting. Coordinate the
physical inventories at outside warehouse. Complete the yearly
excess and obsolete inventory review. Provide operational support
to Sales, Marketing and Operations to identify opportunities for
cost reductions and gross margin improvement. Be a business partner
to assist in the optimization of gross margins per product. Assist
in performing and documenting internal control testing to comply
with BU SOx requirements and support annual
- Work orders are analyzed and correct variances are booked to
the general ledger on a weekly basis in JD Edwards.
- Work orders that pertain to projects are analyzed, reviewed,
and adjusted to ensure that correct costs are obtained and the
projects are closed in a timely manner.
- On a yearly basis, lead and finalize the standard cost rollup.
This process sets the standard costs for the following year.
- Enter data and run the appropriate JD Edwards programs that set
- Coordinate the verification of standard cost accuracy with each
product line through the analysis of variance reports run from the
JD Edwards system. Make any necessary corrections.
- Journal entries are calculated and entered into the JD Edwards
system to adjust the inventory and work order accounts to the new
- Book all cost and inventory related month end journal entries
by the second workday
- By the second work day reconcile all inventory related accounts
to the General Ledger with discrepancies investigated and
- Prepare Inventory Summary report by the fourth workday
- Prepare R & D/MPI reconciliations and summary reports by the
15th of the month
- Reconcile other accounts to the General Ledger as assigned by
the Domestic Controller
- Run reports to identify excess and obsolete inventory per the
Controllers Operating Standards.
- Review reports with product line managers and determine
inventory to be written off.
- Prepare journal entries to book written off inventory by
- Work with Manufacturing to isolate written off inventory and to
determine which items should be scrapped.
- Organize and supervise all physical inventories outside the
cycle count function.
- Create the JDE reports identifying the items to count in the
- Verify the counts are accurate and resolve any large
- Enter the counts into the JDE system in a timely and accurate
- Post the counts in the JDE system along with any other
adjustments resulting from the physical inventory to the General
- Prepare LIFO inventory list and upload into the LIFO system as
required by Corporate.
- Analyze the LIFO sample and prepare necessary BOY and EOY cost
comparisons in an accurate and timely manner.
- Support Controller during internal and external audits with
requests related to cost and inventory
- Perform and document required cost related internal control
testing for Controller review
- Support and facilitate monthly variance reviews with Finance
team and other management
- Monitor purchasing, price, and labor variance throughout each
- Four year college degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Two years of Standard Cost Accounting experience in a
- Prior experience analyzing manufacturing operations, performing
month-end cost accounting close, maintaining cost accounting system
and cost ledger, performing life cycle cost-benefit analyses, and
analyzing unit cost variances.
- Strong technology skills, including proficiency with Microsoft
Office application and enterprise resource planning
- MBA, CPA, CMA or related certification
- Familiar with JD Edwards systemsAN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERIt
is the policy of JBT Corporation to provide equal opportunity for
qualified persons and not to discriminate against any applicant for
employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran
status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local law at the JBT Corporation location to
which this application is submitted. In addition, as a Federal
Government contractor, JBT Corporation is an affirmative action
employer. If you require accommodation during the application
process, please contact the local Human Resources department.
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesIf you have a disability or impairment that prevents
you from completing the online application, please seek the
assistance of your local employment services agency. JBT maintains
active relationships with local employment services agencies, and
they have pledged their support in assisting any applicant needing
help in applying. To find information on agencies throughout the
United States, please go to www.careeronestop.orgYou may also call
Megan Centers at 844-286-4524 if your disability or impairment
prevents you from applying online. NOTE: Do not use this number
unless you need assistance because of a disability or impairment.
The personnel attending this phone line will not be able to give
you a status update regarding your application and will not be the
individuals making a decision regarding your employment.Job
LocationsUS-FL-LakelandRequisition ID2020-5718of Openings1Posted
Date1 day ago(3/17/2020 4:22 PM)CategoryFinance
Keywords: JBT Corporation, Lakeland , Cost Accounting Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Lakeland, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!